Thursday, June 27, 2013

Dinner and a Movie: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Last week my kids and I started “Dinner and a Movie” Nights. We work together to plan a dinner around a movie theme. The kids and I create a menu and put together a grocery list. On movie night, we spend the evening preparing the meal together and watch the movie while enjoying the results of our efforts. I’m hoping this will translate into a fun way to introduce new foods and recipes to the family. When the kids help with the preparation they become much more enthusiastic about eating. We also get the added bonus of quality family time.
Our first attempt was “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs” with a dinner of, you guessed it…..Spaghetti and Meatballs. (baby steps people…baby steps) We searched for a stuffed meatball recipe and made garlic bread. The kids cleaned their plates while watching the movie and are excited to plan our next movie night. My daughter wants to try Gumbo and Beignets for a  “The Princess and the Frog” dinner. She’s ready to dive right in! I thought this would be more of an adventure for the kids but from the sounds of it my husband and I will be trying a few new items too. (fingers crossed we won’t have to order emergency pizzas on too many attempts) 

We've started a Pinterest board to collect all of the recipe inspiration and movie themes. Click HERE for more Dinner and a Movie fun.
-Ema

www.shopsosia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment